Monday, January 2, 2017

Here's to Being a Missionary for Life!

Saying goodbye to Larissa (baptized in October). SO HARD!
There were tears from both of us even though I did my best
to keep most of them in. Thank heavens for the internet and
cell phones. I can't imagine leaving without knowing I can call
them next week. :)
Family and Friends,

I can't believe this will be the last email you will receive from me as a full time missionary serving in the Georgia Macon Mission. It has been an absolute dream to give my all as a servant of the Lord. All my life I have waited for this opportunity. I am shocked to see how quickly it has come and gone. Time is so precious. I feel blessed beyond belief to have been given 18 months of it here in Georgia, wearing the name of Jesus Christ day in and day out! I have seen some of the greatest miracles while here. No work can compare to being a representative of Jesus Christ, being His hands, doing as He would.

A couple tender moments from this week:

We got to go on exchanges with Douglas second ward this week. I've served her 9 months and this was the first time I got to spend a whole day on the other side of town doing missionary work! It was so fun. There's great potential over there as well. We were able to visit with a lady who was on our way to an investigator's house. She asked us to pray with her mother. It's amazing to know people can feel the Holy Ghost and desire that for their family.

The Hills!! Such an amazing couple. I've had so many laughs
from brother Hill and sister Hill is the sweetest example of
Christlike service.
Thursday evening we took the relief society president with us to visit one of our investigators. While in the lesson, we followed the spirit closely and did our best to address her concerns. Martel (the investigator), loves the Book of Mormon and has come to church once. She, however, has a hard time recognizing her answer and being willing to switch churches after so long. While talking with her, we discussed faith, acting on faith, and how to recognize promptings from the Holy Ghost. It was an intense lesson. We could both feel the spirit burning through the room. Following every thought that comes to your mind by the spirit is absolutely exhilarating. We can't teach any other way. At the end of the lesson, the relief society president, sister O'Brien, said the prayer. She prayed for Martel and she also thanked Heavenly Father for the missionaries and the dedicated work we were giving. After closing the prayer, she looked up and had tears in her eyes. What a touching moment that was for me to realize that what we do IS touching hearts. I know she felt the spirit that lesson and, like us, has felt a deep love for Martel because of the gift of charity Christ offered us that night.

On Saturday, one of my last dinners, we decided to try frog legs
and alligator tail. The alligator was actually pretty good.
Frog legs were a bit chewy... go figure :)
I will see you all soon. I know this work is true! Always be worthy of and follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Heavenly Father WILL and DOES send us guidance each and every day. This has been the greatest 18 months. There is no doubt in my mind of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I know Jesus Christ IS our Savior and Redeemer. The greatest joy in life comes from truly knowing Him. I am eternally grateful for the atonement He made for us. How great the love!

Love y'all and have a blessed week!!

Sister Brown

Sunday was full of goodbyes. Here are a few pictures.:


A tender goodbye to Miss Joan. She has taught me to be happy
NO MATTER the circumstance. Honestly, this woman
has done the best job of choosing happiness. Such an inspiration!


Gowen family! They're wonderful fellowshippers and
absolutely hilarious.

Sister Nelson!! She is SO incredible. She comes out with us
almost every single time we ask. She is so loving.
We skyped at her house on Sunday.

Miss Barbara. She is truly giving and has been a trooper
through all her health concerns.


No comments:

Post a Comment