Monday, July 27, 2015

A Marvelous Work!

Much has happened this week!

First of all, I had my first experience with exchanges. That went really well. I went to a place called Warner Robins.
Yep. Llamas. Who knew?
It's the town with a military base and many of the people there are military families. It was great to see how other missionaries do things, and it helped me realize what I was grateful for certain things my own companion did. For example, I am so grateful for my companion's respect for being strictly obedient. We are not in bed even one minute after 10:30 and we try to not come back to our apartment at all during the day so we can teach as many people as possible. I absolutely love those things! Obedience is critical, especially as a missionary.
We had just been walking streets and knocking 
on doors for a couple hours and looked to see what
the temperature was when we made it back to our car... Joys of Georgia! :) 

On Friday we had a 24th of July Ward activity. It was so wonderful. This ward makes you feel like you're right at home. It reminded me of our big family get-togethers or the ward parties we used to have when I was younger.
There was lots of food, and the cutest talent show ever. Sister Connie Swinson played her violin for a bit before the talent show. I'll admit, it did make me miss my sweet little violin back home, but this work is so much more critical! I'm more than willing to put all those things on hold for a while. A couple of my favorite "acts": One of the Brothers in the ward writes funny stories for a small newspaper here. He shared a few that gave all of us a good laugh. A family sang "Come Thou Fount" together with the guitar. It was incredibly well done and brought back many great memories. 
Fun ward party. It is great to socialize with members!


So one of our investigators, India, is never home but sister Cattin kept wanting to go see her again. I was wondering why she was so intent on catching this young woman until we finally did get a hold of her one afternoon. We had a lesson with her about the restoration again, and at the end of it we were talking with her about how she felt. She believes everything and says each time we come over that she feels more and more like this is the church she needs to join. She said she feels like this is what she needs to do for her family. We haven't gotten a hold of her again since...so we'll see if we can figure this situation out. But it was such a neat lesson I wanted to share the experience. 

Going along perfectly with the first picture,
this marquee sign was outside one of
the Methodist churches in Warner Robins. :'D 
Also, Saturday we had an incredible day. We went to Eastman which is a town about 30 minutes away. We try to travel out there two days out of the week. There are so many people to see in this area! We were trying to contact someone who we hadn't been able to find for the past three visits! We finally figured out where she lived. Because of our determination to find her, we ran into two other ladies who are so ready for the gospel. One of them kept talking about "confirmation." Basically, she notices all of the little things God sends her way that let her know He is watchful of her. She said she was praying for a way to be more devoted to God. To come closer to Him. Then we knocked on her door. She then said something like "Bam. Confirmation." I pray we can help her as she continues on her search for a greater connection with God!

God loves each and every one of you! He is watching out for you. He is waiting for us to welcome Him into our hearts.

Have a wonderful week!
-Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment