Monday, September 28, 2015

Craziness in Cochran

Well, this week was full of crazy..but that's good. 

To start off, the news of transfers is that Sister Cattin is moving on to another area. With that being said, there have been lots of goodbyes this weekend. so sad :( I am staying in Cochran and will be training a brand new missionary. It's crazy to think that after just 12 weeks I'll be training someone else, but really, if I do my job right, it will be the spirit training and not me. Whew. I can see many prayers in my near future. 


Jazmin (one of our investigators) loves animals and
catches them...then they jump into my face :)
This week I also got to experience what it is like to be a mom with crazy kids during Sacrament meeting. Yesterday we had a wonderful investigator, Desaree, come to church. She lives about 20-30 minutes away from the church building, but we set up a ride for her to be able to come and she didn't cancel!! That's amazing :D Plus she brought her two kids! I was so, so happy to see her there. There is nothing better as a missionary than seeing people come closer to Christ. When we go to church, it is not the physical building that is important but the saving doctrine we learn(whether from a speaker or the spirit) as well as the renewal of our most precious and sacred covenants. Each week I am absolutely Giddy to walk through those doors and be welcomed into the chapel. But back to yesterday's story.. sacrament meeting is last in our ward, and by that point, Desaree's children were tired. We were trying our best to help keep them quiet..but that was really all we could do. Oh how my heart goes out to the mothers with small children! Something I hope to do when I have my own kids is to "practice Sunday" with them throughout the week in preparation for sacrament meeting. Even with such practice, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to continue going to church every week with noisy kids. I'm so grateful my mom did. Keep it up moms!! You're superstars :D 

Heavenly Father understands how hard you're trying. Not a hair of your head goes unnoticed from God (D&C 84:116).

This week I have been thinking about what I've learned throughout my training that I want to keep with me all my mission. The 'motto' I guess you could call it that I've come up with is that I want to Teach with power, authority, and love. As a missionary, we have been given a special authority to teach the true restored gospel. We have been given a special job and a special power to accomplish this job. I never want to limit God's work because I doubt His ability to work through me. While I am weak, He is not. Where I would fail, He never would. I don't have to worry about my shortcomings, because this is not my work, it is His! He can work through us. "If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work" (D&C 4:3) Let Him work through you!
The Baptism:D:D:D:D

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot... One of the families we have been working with to help "reactivate" them had their son baptized this Saturday!! By his father!!! That's so amazing :D It was a huge miracle. Oh I am so happy for their family! The parents are hoping to be sealed together (with their family) around Christmas time. 
Love you all so much! Be safe! Rely on the Lord even when it seems He is too far out of reach. He is there. waiting for you to truly come back to Him.

-Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment