Monday, September 21, 2015

End of Transfer #2

Wow, time has flown and it is already time for our next transfer call. It will be interesting to see what happens because Sister Cattin has been in Cochran for 6 months already. There is less and less of a chance we will both be staying here. I guess I'll let y'all know next week what happens :)

This week we had some wonderful experiences. To start off the email, I'll talk a little about Josh. When I very first came to Cochran, we tried multiple times a week to get a hold of this person who Sister Bradford (the sister who I replaced) said she just couldn't get off her mind and wanted to try to contact. Well, we had NO luck. So we stopped trying for a while. Well last week we felt inspired to swing by his house. When we did, he was actually home! A miracle! He had met with sister missionaries in the past so as we were talking to him, he brought up a bunch of wonderful questions. It was such a good discussion! Later, when we came back the next week, we asked him about his BOM reading assignment (the intro page). He had read it! And he had yet more wonderful questions. Sister Cattin kept saying that she feels so strongly that she had known Josh in the life before this because he seems so familiar. There's a reason we've finally been able to meet with him. He's probably one of the most open minded baptists we've talked to while here. Maybe not now, but at some point we pray he will accept the gospel and start on the pathway to eternal life. Anyway, at the end of our discussion, he said, "Well since you've taken up some of my time..can I take up some of yours?" We said sure, and he went to go get his guitar. Apparently he plays for his church's band. He played some commonly known worship songs (thank goodness I listened to the k-love, the christian radio station, before coming out :D ) and we all sang along. The spirit was so strong. It was a wonderful experience! We were then able to testify that how we all felt while singing is exactly how he can feel when he reads the Book of Mormon. 

Exchanges were this week and sister Cattin was almost too sick to have them. Luckily, she was able to feel well enough to get up and push through the nausea. I stayed in Cochran while she went to Warner Robins. I got to drive for the first time in about 3 months! ha that was exciting ;) Only teasing, everything went really smoothly. It made me realize just how much pressure is put on the person who has been in the area for the longest though. It was a good experience to have seeing how I'm not guaranteed to stay with my trainer after this week. 

We had a fun service project where we painted part of a house! I was so nervous I wouldn't be doing it right, but apparently it's a whole lot easier than I'd thought. Oh the things you learn how to do on your mission :) 

One of the Elder's investigators was baptized this week. He has had a very long journey while learning about the gospel. It was wonderful to see him finally step into the waters of baptism! So exciting :) 

That's all for this week. I wish you all a safe and wonderful upcoming week!
-Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment