Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude

What a week! :) We have seen miracle after miracle this week. We have also had to deal with heartache. Even among the sadder moments, there is something to be grateful for. That is what I have realized this week.

One of our investigators is in a difficult situation. He is absolutely incredible, yet facing challenges that no one should need to face all because of the decisions of others. After much searching for guidance, Sister Demann and I just sat together and cried in our companion study because our hearts ached for his well being. We then realized how truly grateful we should be. There was so much good in the situation! We discussed how God has led His life and how He IS being strengthened in Christ. I am grateful Heavenly Father allows us to feel for others. I am so grateful for moments of sadness because they cause me to look for the good. As I look for the good, blessings can be found in every moment of our lives. I am SO thankful for a Father who allows us to become more like Him through the experiences we face in this life. I know He is there. I know that He is watching over you, me, and all of His children. He loves us. He LOVES us. Amazing :)

Something funny this week, we have been sporadically teaching this lady named Sheri. She wanted us to teach her husband, so we kept trying to go back and meet him. Well, we went back one day and a man opened the door. He introduced himself as Patrick. Hmm we were thinking...that's the name of Sheri's firstborn son. We kept talking to him and figured out he was not Sheri's husband, but he was Annie's husband (we thought Annie and Sheri are sisters). Ok, cool. So we keep talking and he mentions that his twin is actually married to Sheri. Oh, ok... so sisters married twins. Then the twin pulls into the driveway. Patrick introduces us to his twin (Sheri's husband) saying, "This is my twin, Patrick." WHAT? Yes. The twins married sisters, and are both named Patrick. Really? Well, to make matters worse, they both named their firstborn sons Patrick. Goodness, that was one of the most confusing doorstep contacts I've ever had. Now we just call them Annie and Sheri's husbands.

I don't have a ton of time left, but I just want to say I'm grateful for the driving experience I've had with 4 wheelers and my Uncle Matt's land rover while driving in sand and clay. There are some pretty sketchy dirt roads here, and the rain has led us to some great adventures. Last week was the first time we almost got stuck, but the Lord prepares his servants with the knowledge we need. Thanks for all those who helped to prepare me beforehand!

Be safe and find some way to express how grateful you are to your Father in heaven this week :)
Love you all!
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment