Monday, January 11, 2016

Road Trip and Heart Attacks

This week proved to be quite the week! It was full of all sorts of out of the ordinary events. 

Wednesday evening we decided there were a few people who needed some extra love. So Sister Lewis and I (Sister Lewis actually did the cutting and craftiness while we were driving from appointments in the car) cut out a bunch of hearts and wrote cute little messages to the people we were going to "Heart attack." This is why I love being a sister missionary. We can do all sorts of cute things! Sadly, all three of the individuals guessed it was us...but it put smiles on their faces and that's what we were going for. 

Thursday we had Zone training meeting. I Loved Elder Peterson's training on Repentance! Hopefully I'll have time to write more about it later. Repentance is truly a sign of love and comes before we make any true change that brings us closer to our Father. When we are truly repentant, we won't question the need for change and trusting God's plan over ours. 

In all honesty, Macon is my favorite city I've been in.
I pray so fervently that sisters will one day serve here
because I want to serve there so badly! It's beautiful
and yet in desperate need of the gospel. It's a big city,
yet without the sounds and smells of the city.
This is a picture of one of the first baptist churches
there. Beautiful! 
Friday we got to take a road trip! We went up to Macon for the 3 week trainer and trainee meeting. It's kind of like a "check-up" appointment. Guess how long it took to drive to Macon? 3 hours! and then guess how long it took to drive back? yes 3 hours. 3 hours up, 4 hours of meeting there, and 3 hours driving back. Whew. It was a wonderful, yet long day. Sister Lewis and I get along really well, so it was an absolute blast. In fact, while we were in Macon, we decided to take a dinner hour and grab some Chipoltle. That's the type of restaurant sister Lewis would have gone to back at home, so it was fun to see how happy it made her. :) I learned so many great things at the meeting. Mostly my perspective on how you can love any companion as long as you decide to love them and pray to the Lord for help was strengthened. With that being said, I've always been blessed with wonderful companions.

Saturday was our ward missionary fireside. We focused on how to set spiritual goals for 2016. Sister Lewis and I taught the 'breakout' session titled "How to respond to questions and accusations." It reminded me just how crucial it is to have the Holy Ghost leading everything. If we rely on God, He will put what we need to say in our mouths. This makes me even more eager to study because then I will have something for Him to work with. Scripture study is so important!

Sister Mims! We teach her granddaughter. Sister Mims
is so, so cute. She tells us all sorts of stories. She loves
her western shows, marshal arts, she was a police
woman, and she absolutely loves the Lord.
She's an amazing woman! :D
Sunday we had so many people at church! Many of the younger military families came back from leave. That room was packed tighter than I've ever seen! Yes, our building is quite small, but it was wonderful to see so many people at church :)  It makes me happy to know we're all meeting together because we love God and truly want to repent and come closer to Him. Repentance is so important and such a blessing!!

This upcoming week we will be doing a LOT of finding. We need to search for those who are truly ready for the message of this gospel. Since we won't have a car...we will face many challenges which will push us to be better missionaries. I am excited (and a little stressed) for this opportunity! I know Heavenly Father is preparing those people we need to meet right now. I'm excited to meet more of my eternal family!!


Love you all! 
-Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment