Monday, March 21, 2016

Finding a New Fire

Sister Lewis and I are staying for a third transfer together in Hinesville! That's the new 'fire' we've found. Something just sparked within us. We both felt a powerful urge to go knock on every single door in Hinesville. XD It's going to be a good transfer.

This will be a new experience for me seeing how it will be my first time not training. We have both, however, been called to be Sister Training Leaders. So we will continue to find new service opportunities. I look forward to the chance the Lord has blessed me with to lift the hands of discouraged missionaries that may hang low, and also be uplifted by their incredible examples. The sisters in our mission are wonderful and so full of love. I'm grateful for their examples to me. 

Because I don't want to interrupt the email later to write this--> Something incredibly random but funny from this week...we've taught lessons to a few women who could literally have had their babies at any moment. One lady we taught on Thursday..her due date was Saturday. Another we taught on Sunday and her babies usually come very early...her due date was in a couple weeks. All these young families...there are so many pregnant women!

This week has been a good one full of hard work! We are spreading the Easter video far and wide! It is such a powerful message. I hope you all looked it up this week. 

We met some of the sweetest women this week. (Being sisters..I feel the Lord puts those in our path who just need to feel loved sometimes.) It's not very common to run across older people in some of these highly military areas...but we found a few :) One of the women we met has had the hardest things happen to her. It was crazy! I couldn't even imagine the stories she told us. It seemed like what you would hear in a movie. Some of the details are in my journal..but I probably shouldn't share them openly. Regardless of the sad experiences she has gone through, it was so good to still see hope in her eyes. Hope for a better life. Hope for a family who loves her. Hope that someone, anyone, would come sit with her one afternoon. Missionary work is about love. I know that to be true. I get teary eyed just writing this. The job of a missionary is to care for those the Lord puts in our path. She may not accept everything we teach, but she is in need of Love. 

This week, I have seen how destructive the negative thoughts that slip into our mind can be. One lady who we teach has an incredibly strong desire to make changes in her life. She knows she will be happier without some of these destructive habits taking rule over her. Yet doubt of her divine potential slips in and tells her she isn't good enough. She can't just decide to stop. We ARE strong enough to change. I bear witness of that! I know it to be true. I know it is a hard process. Repentance is not supposed to be easy. If it were, it would not have the lasting affect. We continue to love, and support her through this difficult time. I am grateful to be bringing people unto Christ no matter what step they are at in their conversion. That is the huge change I have seen in my missionary work lately. Every effort is a good one. Every change is one step closer. I love this work! 

At church this Sunday I pulled out a rusty talent that hasn't been touched in quite some time. I played the violin in church as a musical number. Wow. That was a little bit of a scary experience. Granted, I was using a lower quality violin than I was used to back home..but an amount of my skill was gone. It was a good reminder, however, that this work is the MOST important thing we could ever do. Sure we may be asked to make some small "sacrifices," but these are not truly a sacrifice at all. The Lord will use our skills to further His work. I am grateful to put His will first and foremost in my life. I'm working on knowing how to do that better every day. This week, put your talents towards the work of our Lord! 

Easter! What a blessing we hold in our hearts to know that Jesus Christ IS the RISEN Lord. Wow. Nothing could bring more power and peace to my soul. This is the message I hope to testify of often and with all the feeling of my heart. Study it. Study Him. Let's Prepare this Easter for the most meaningful experience we can have with our Savior.

Love you all! 
Sister Brown


PS There were three birthdays during district mtg this week..so one of the sisters bought a pinata for those with birthdays. cute thought :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment