Monday, March 28, 2016

#Hallelujah

Hallelujah for the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ! It was so incredible to see how open people were to accept a card with a video of the Resurrection this last Sunday. As we knocked door after door, we were received with many more smiles than usual. True understanding of the  resurrection of Jesus Christ makes the message of the restored gospel so much more meaningful. Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father DID appear to a young boy 200 years ago as perfect, resurrected beings. "Come, Follow me" is the invitation Jesus Christ leaves with us today. 

This week we have had absolutely FULL days as well as quite the opposite. After seeing so many of our appointments fall through these last couple weeks, it was a wonderful feeling to be busy running from appointment to appointment on Wednesday. In fact, we were so busy that we ended up almost skipping our lunch and dinner hours. That's not healthy... so when one of our later appointments fell through that evening we did take a half hour 'breather'. I am so grateful when we have people to teach! It has been hard to not see progression in almost any of our investigators, but I strongly feel one of my jobs is a seed planter. As we continue bringing people unto Christ, our purpose is fulfilled. One day they will be ready. As for now, we keep planting seeds and inviting them to progress! 
Lindsay with Brother and Sister Cottle.
They are a missionary couple that is on
base in Hinesville. They take great care
for the missionaries and service men
and women stationed there. Thanks!

One of the rather funny miracles I saw this week took place Thursday evening. Things kept falling through and we had completely exhausted all of our backup plans. Since we were stuck on post (non-proselyting) we figured we would at least drive off post so we could do some finding. Well, as we were driving, I remembered that the city has a farmers market every Thursday in March and April. We had wanted to check it out and do some finding at the same time...but hadn't been able to make it out yet because we always felt like there were better things for us to do. Well, we literally had nothing. So we followed that thought and made a quick stop to the farmers market. 

We did a quick walk through. It wasn't well attended. The finding situations were a little bit awkward and not the most ideal, so we walked back to the car to do something more productive. All of a sudden I got that quiet communication from the Spirit. A pressing feeling that wouldn't go away. I knew we had to go back. What? I was so confused..but called out to Sister Lewis who turned around, and we both walked back. I told her I felt like there was someone there we needed to meet..but that I had no idea who or how we were going to share something with them. 

As we walked up to the booths..I remembered a particular tent selling baked goods. I had a feeling that I needed to buy a snicker-doodle. Ok...I know God works in mysterious ways, but this just seemed a little bit strange. However, It was a very specific prompting, so I followed just what I felt. The whole process was funny. I would receive a prompting to do one thing, act, and then receive the next thing I needed to do. It was so neat. I shared the followhim video with the lady selling the cookies and in no time at all I felt the direction we needed to move. So we did. And we saw a lady we have done volunteer work for in the past.

The next thought- "Go say hi." So we went and said Hi. Then as we were talking with Hollie, a young couple walked slowly past. All of a sudden they paused... and I could tell they were looking at me. I made eye contact with the young woman, ended the conversation with Hollie, and the young woman came back, introducing herself and her husband. They were clearly military and newly weds. Not only that, but they were members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Awesome! 

The experience taught me that we must always be ready to act on a personal revelation regardless of what it is. The Farmers market was such a small event that had we done anything differently than we had, we may not have met this couple at all. So many military families become less active because they get lost in the moves. This could result in entire generations knowing nothing about the restored gospel! I don't know what the impact our meeting them could have been that day... but I am glad we listened. They came to church this week and made a great transition into the ward. 

I don't remember if I wrote about this in weeks past, but one of my investigators from my past area is being baptized this week! It is such a blessing for me to have been able to see that my work is making a difference. I am so, so happy for her! She truly has an incredible love for the Lord. She is a convert who will stay. This work can and is changing lives. 

Love you all! Keep making a difference! 
A thought from the Women's General Broadcast: SERVICE and LOVE
Let's live Christ-like lives. :)

Love,
Sister Brown 

1 comment: