Monday, October 24, 2016

Count Your Blessings, Not Your Problems

What the week!

Sister Boyer is wonderful! She's so sweet, bubbly, and ready to teach! It was hard to say goodbye to Sister Anderson, but she's ready to tackle Dublin with Sister Cottle. She's in good hands!

Tuesday started off with a cozy car ride-no room to spare-up and back from Macon to receive our new companions. As soon as we got home, Sister Boyer and I sat down as I introduced her to the area. We did a little unpacking, picked up a few groceries, and went out to teach her first lesson in the field. We had a wonderful time testifying of the importance the gospel has made in our lives. I know this message is meant for every single child of God. That evening we saw the hearts of a part member family "pricked" as described in the book of Acts. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation. This wonderful family has come such a long ways. When sister Anderson and I first met the wife, she wanted nothing to do with us and told us there wasn't much use in us coming back. Tuesday night, Sister Boyer and I were able to invite her children to be baptized and enter onto the path which leads back to our loving Father in Heaven. She readily agreed that was something of which she wanted to take part! We are excited for them and their deepening relationship with our Father in Heaven.

Georgia! :)
Surprisingly, lots of our appointments have been falling through this week. It's funny because that hasn't happened in a while, but maybe sister Boyer and I needed to have that experience together for growing purposes. The incredible thing is, among all the ruined plans, I never once felt discouraged. I was always happy. I knew that no matter what did or didn't work out, we would be teaching the restored gospel of a loving Heavenly Father to our siblings. There is nothing better! We got to meet some wonderful people, and set up many great return appointments.


A neat miracle we saw was a great lesson we were able to teach to the niece of one of the Elder's investigators. She is SO prepared and in need of the gospel. She has gone through a lot this week. To be honest, we haven't been able to help her out with it much at all. We have wanted to be right there by her, providing her with the things she needs...we did as much as we could, yet our resources failed us. Many nights I have gone to bed worrying about her and her situation. I have felt so disappointed in what I thought was a failure on my part to help. Yesterday, however, she texted us an incredibly sweet message, and told us she looked forward to meeting with us next week. Despite what I thought would have turned her away and made her unlikely to meet with us again, she still has a desire to come closer to God in ways we CAN help with. I was amazed that, despite everything, she still feels the spirit telling her she needs the gospel message we offer even if we weren't much help with the other needs she had in the time frame she needed.

Another neat note--Betty and Tierra are still preparing for baptism and will hopefully be baptized in November! :D They came to church this week! :) Tierra is so amazing. We leave her with the pamphlets and she takes notes on lined paper and everything! She had 2 FULL pages of notes on the Gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlet. Love her!

I love y'all so much. I know there is a part of what Jesus Christ has done for us that we can each relate with right now. Remember, Faith is fully relying on the Savior as well as diligent work. Testify often of what you know---even if you feel that knowledge may be wavering or limited. I promise it will bring the light of Christ into your life and bless those around you.

Have a Blessed week! Love y'all!

P.S. I just found out one of our former missionaries from this mission (Annie Schmidt) has been missing since last Sunday. She is an incredibly bright daughter of God who has changed the lives of so many. I, as well as many others, dearly love her. If y'all wouldn't mind saying a prayer for her and her family, I know they would greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment