Monday, October 17, 2016

In the Emergencies of Life, Jesus is Always on Call

The headline goes out to Abby. I love you girl, but don't give me a heart attack! No more ER visits!
Tamea (tamia..?) She's the CUTEST little girl I've
ever met! She sounds like a chipmunk and you can't
understand 90% of what she says. 


The big news of the week is Sister Anderson is leaving me. :( The running joke among the missionaries in Douglas is that if we had stayed together for one more transfer, we would have become the same person. I love this girl!! The good news though, I am getting another NEW MISSIONARY! To be honest, I wasn't planning on training yet again because President Grayson has been mostly calling younger, newer missionaries to train. However, Thursday evening we received a call from the APs informing me that President has asked me to train. I am so excited! I feel so grateful for this opportunity. There is nothing else I would rather do. The funny thing is, I will be in Douglas for a good minute. Most likely until the end of my mission. It's a good thing I love this place. :)

We made some brownies to give to people living
around our apartment complex. Sister Anderson
got mad at me for leaving a solitary brownie bite
still in the pan. If I don't want to eat it, I wont. ;)

Tuesday we had a neat experience. Everything was falling through. I was having a hard time listening to/following the spirit, and started to get frustrated. On our way back from a lesson, I noticed a trailer park I had thought to stop at during our drive out, but hadn't. Well, I wasn't going to let the opportunity go by again. We tracted a few doors without success. We had passed a man sitting in a lawn chair on our way into the trailer park. During my prayer before we left the car, I had prayed that we would be able to at least meet this man and leave a good impression. When we did walk over to meet him, we had a wonderful conversation about the church he goes to, particular bible trivia, etc. His wife was out in the yard busy at work. We could tell she didn't want to talk with us because she didn't slow down one bit, and didn't return our friendly wave. Well, near the end of our short visit, she walked over and introduced herself. She was pleasant, but strongly stated they were baptist and didn't need any of our materials of which I was currently reading from. We asked about their friends and neighbors. We asked who needed our message. As the conversation progressed, we learned the wife had lost a dear friend. We were able to testify of the Plan of Salvation, and she was able to feel the spirit. She explained to us that she originally didn't want to come talk to us because she 'knew what we were doing.' She, however, felt bad about not coming over. She said a prayer in which she said, "Lord, if you want me to talk to them...I will." She then tried to get the weed wacker to start. Nothing. She tried again. Not a sound. For a third time, she attempted to continue her yard work. Nope. She recognized her answer. A seed of faith has been planted. 

I have started being more bold. During one of my nightly prayers this week, I realized if I am going to fully give myself to the Lord and this work, I can't be afraid of hurting people's feelings. Of course, I still am teaching with love and being bold in a loving manner. After one particular lesson focused on faith and repentance-which was clearly and boldly taught. I invited the mother and daughter to be baptized on a specific day (they accepted). Sister Anderson turned to me in the car and said, "Well, I'm liking the boldness sister Brown." That is when I recognized the difference being bold made. We are seeing miracles by boldly teaching as Christ does. 

Joan and Tim! Funniest couple (well..almost couple).
We read with her every week. 

Friday we saw miracles again! We weren't going to have our car that day, but we had 2 set lessons that were roughly 10 or so miles away from us. The member who was originally going to come with us cancelled. We called member after member to see if anyone could go out with us. So far, nothing. We were at the S names when we saw a member we hadn't thought of. We didn't know her too well, but we thought we might as well give it a shot. She said yes, and she was the exact person that needed to be at those lessons. Her testimony of being a convert helped a particular lady who knows she needs to be baptized but can't seem to find the faith to act. The member was able to make living the gospel seem attainable and desirable. It is a blessing..manna from heaven...when we're able to work with members. 

Love you'all! Be loving, be bold, and have a BLESSED week
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment