Monday, April 18, 2016

Whirlwind of a Week

Well, this week started off crazy and ended up even crazier. I'm just grateful for the power of prayer and the strength that we can gain because of the atonement in those times when we need it most. I know that we are all put in the positions and places that we are for a reason. I have felt that it is going to be a wonderful, yet challenging next couple of weeks. Good thing life isn't easy...or else we wouldn't become any better! 

This week was interviews with President Cottle. We drove to Pooler on Wednesday afternoon for the interviews. We went over briefly how we were doing and if there were any concerns. Both sister Lewis and I just told him we loved each other and that things are going GREAT. We've had a bit of a rough time in Hinesville, but we always relied on each other and kept a positive attitude..even if we were just 'planting seeds.'  Now, some things have started progressing. President Cottle also quizzed us on our memorized scriptures for the 42 principles. It was wonderful and I was so grateful I had spent the time to gain a personal relationship with the stories I would use to teach my investigators because it gave me the confidence needed to teach President what he asked about.

The Villellas Family. Baptisms set for May!
My favorite part about interviews though was in the very beginning when President Cottle offered the opening prayer. Every time he speaks I can feel the spirit. It is powerful. Tears had formed in my eyes before he had even finished the 90 seconds of communicating with our Heavenly Father. The Spirit DOES bear witness when our words are true. When we are living our lives in alignment with the 'frequency' of the spirit, others will feel it as well. 

After interviews we had the Sisters from Statesboro meet us in Pooler. They had asked us before hand if we could please move exchanges earlier. So we knew before hand it was going to be a little bit of a rough exchange. Well, I went to Hinesville with one of our sisters and Sister Lewis went to Statesboro with the other. What an incredible learning experience it was for us all. By the end of the time together, both the sisters expressed to us that the felt they could make it to the end of the transfer. We knew, however, that we would keep close contact with them to offer support needed.

Thursday night (Sister Lewis and I were back together) we went over to the Villellas (they are the part member family who we absolutely LOVE. They are making such fantastic progress). After a wonderful lesson of missionary work and service, we followed the spirit and invited them to be baptized on a specific date. We were nervous to do so because when they son prayed for the first time, he felt he had received the answer that he needed to wait about 5 months so he could learn more. While waiting is not a bad thing, he was most definitely ready to be baptized sooner. It will only bless his life. So, when the time was right, I worked up the courage asked them both by the Spirit. Wow, as soon as the words left my mouth, both Sister Lewis and I could feel it was right. It was like the Spirit had rolled into the room so thick, no one could deny it. I probably should have asked sooner..but regardless, they will be baptized this May. Such an amazing family! 

Lindsay and Sister Lewis said goodbye.
These two sisters have been a dynamic
force for good together in the field.
From Thursday night on has been a bit of a blur. To make a long story short, we were up late talking with a set of our Sisters, President and Sister Cottle, and the Lord. For the sake of the work...an Emergency Transfer was made. There were many tears from both sister Lewis and me...but we knew we were always willing to do what the Lord needs.  I packed my bags on Friday, said goodbyes, and we changed companions Saturday morning. I know it is hard on President Cottle as well to perform these ETs...he said only 4 or 5 like this have been done while he has been here the three years. I can feel why. It is not enduring to the end. At the end of our trials, we receive the biggest witness of our faith. Maybe we will receive little ones along the way that makes us seem that we have learned what we should and now we are ready to have the trial taken away...when in reality, the biggest blessings are right around the corner. 

Don't worry though, I have started adjusting to the new area. To be honest, it felt like I was underwater...like that feeling when you can hear people speaking but you don't really know what they're saying...for the first couple days. But the ward is incredibly sweet! And I have started to kick myself back into gear, talking to everyone. That has helped me feel the spirit guiding my footsteps once again. This work is so precious! I'm grateful I get to serve no matter where I am. I pray I can be of the best service needed and give this area and companionship the help it needs. 

I love you all very much! Continue sharing your light. Others WILL see it. Pray for missionary opportunities.
Love y'all!
Sister Brown
Pic 1-Goodbye for now
Pic 2-Villella Family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment