Monday, May 9, 2016

Douglas Georgia!!

Well, I am now in Douglas Georgia serving with Sister Anderson! My third 'baby' in mission lingo. I absolutely love her! She is the sweetest girl, incredibly humble and just has the biggest heart. When she speaks, the spirit makes her words so comforting to those we visit. She's an amazing missionary already! I am so excited for the next two transfers with her! 

On Monday, sister Stout and I said goodbyes to some of the people in Statesboro. I attached a few pictures 

Sister Palmer. Sweetest lady we visited every 
once in a while. She always had a hard time 
working her new phone...so we helped her 
with the gospel library app on there.
Tuesday we went to transfers early in the morning. As soon as sister Anderson drove up with President Cottle and the new missionaries, I knew she was my new companion. We have loved getting to know each other. I can feel the miracles that will happen this transfer because of her. After the new missionary meeting and transfers, we had a few appointments to take care of in Macon that afternoon. I was so grateful and amazed how President and Sister Cottle spent the time with us individually to help us out. It taught me that no matter how 'busy' we may think we are, we need to make time for the one. That's what Christ would do, so we should do likewise. 

The rest of Tuesday consisted of a long drive back, unpacking, and reading up about the area. Thankfully, the sisters before us left things very organized. I was amazed. Because of the preparation they put into this whitewash, we have had much to do. We have met some amazing people so far. 

Mother's day was wonderful!! I feel so grateful for the family I have been born into and the love they have shown me. I KNOW families are the structure of heaven. It may seem hard when we see so many broken families in the world today, but when functioning properly, the family is the best learning and growing atmosphere. I pray that I can create an environment where my children will feel the spirit daily and learn to follow what their Father in Heaven teaches them personally. I know we can receive personal revelation because HE LOVES US. 
The Rhymes family. The are so, so good to the 
missionaries. They were recently baptized
and we would go over there about once a week
for the new member lessons. When we both left,
she gave us little care-packages. CUTEST


Yesterday we were able to visit a young mother who is living with her father and 3 yr. old daughter right now. From what we had read about her from the previous sisters, it didn't seem like she would be interested in coming back to church at all. When we went over though, we had one of the most amazing first visits I have had. I have only been here one week...but I felt a strong connection to her. By simply loving her and listening to what the spirit told us to say, she opened up to us a lot and she was really touched by our inspired questions. Heavenly Father knows exactly what she needed to hear, and I was so grateful He put that into our minds. The spirit was speaking to her last night. Of that I am sure. When that happens, we want to change. Change means we are progressing...and that is the purpose for this wonderful plan. We choose how much we progress. When we feel like we're at a stand still..then pray to know where to put that first footfall and take the step. I have loved the talk "What lack I yet?" From Larry Lawrence. Ask your eternal Father and He will tell you. 

I love you all! Fight for God's army!
-Sister Brown

Jovan was a deaf, less active member. I was so grateful
to meet her and to be able to have full conversations
with her. I think it had been a long time since she
had really had someone to sign with. What an amazing
experience! I was a bit rusty, but she was patient
and had the biggest heart! I'll miss her dearly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment