Monday, May 16, 2016

The Plan of Salvation is REAL

What a week! We've been excited to meet a few new potential families to teach. I love finding! It's an amazing feeling to plant so many seeds of faith every day.

Wednesday we were out of a car yet again..so we got some great walking and exercise in. I think the Lord is trying to teach me something. Apparently I'm still pretty hard headed.

Wednesday night we prepared the chapel for a funeral that would be held there the next day. In these family wards, everyone is affected by a funeral of the older generation. Just as it was when we had someone pass in the Cochran ward, what a testimony of the plan of salvation. It becomes very real when you begin to imagine what your personal family member is experiencing on the other side at this very moment.
These homes with huge pastures and
mini ponies though...dream come true :D


On Thursday we made the long trip up to Macon yet again for medical purposes. At one point while we were in the hospital, there was a lady sitting next to us who was having an iron transfusion. After we all got settled in, we started a conversation with her. Then, as missionaries naturally do, we began talking about church, God, and family. She opened up to us a little and shared some of her views and thoughts. I didn't want to overstep seeing how the hospital probably wouldn't appreciate their patients feeling uncomfortable. I felt the need to ask her if she had ever heard of the Book of Mormon. As soon as the thought came into my mind..the conversation shifted in a different direction. "No!" I thought. I was praying for the right opportunity to arise again. She was nearing the end of her transfusion... and I was watching the remaining iron grow smaller and smaller. Drop by drop the chance was slipping away. Sister Anderson had closed her eyes for a minute, and the lady was eating her sandwich..so I figured well, now or never!

"Have you ever heard of the Book of Mormon?" The words were out of my mouth before I realized I had made up my mind to speak. She turned to me and said, "You know what..I think I have." Well, that initiated a full length conversation and lesson about the plan of salvation and God's love for us. There we were, Sister Anderson and I, sitting in a hospital teaching the plan of salvation (pamphlet and all) to one of the Lord's prepared children. She was excited to read the Book of Mormon and we got her information so we could send the missionaries where she lived to her. This work is true! The Lord WILL put people in our path. We just have to open our mouths...because it's NOW OR NEVER. :)

Thursday evening we had a lesson with an amazing family! They remind me of the Villella's from Hinesville (By the way, they are getting baptized in 2 weeks!!). There was a sweet feeling of the spirit in their home as their hearts were humble and their questions sincere. What a wonderful feeling! We are excited for them.

A well said quote from Sister Anderson after leaving a lesson we had Saturday morning, "It's a good thing when you walk away from a lesson with a smile on your face." When we speak by the spirit, people can feel things they never had before. It is an amazing process to visibly watch changes in someone's heart as the spirit speaks to them. What started out as a pretty routine discussion ended up as a converting conversation because of the spirit of God!
When running short on pots...


Let's allow ourselves the blessings of partaking of that spirit daily as we become more converted!

I have seen miracles, tears of joy and sadness, hearts softened, when it comes down to it..we have beheld the hand of God. What tender moments!

Love you all, and I love truth

-Sister Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment