Monday, May 2, 2016

Goodbye Statesboro

What a week! After being with Sister Stout for this short amount of time...we have both learned so much. Wow. What incredible experiences we have had. We come here for the people we teach, but we also come for our companions. I have only friends, and those I don't know well enough yet. I am so grateful for the lasting friendships found in the mission! We are here to learn and grow from each other. Find your friends this week! Make new ones, catch up with old ones, find your family. :)

This week was amazing. We had a few wonderful service opportunities, met some amazing people through miraculous ways, and saw the love of our Savior grow stronger within those we continue to work with. I wish I had more time to tell you the stories...but some of those will have to wait. 
During our weekly planning on Friday, I received a call from the APs extending the call for me to train again! I am so excited! I absolutely love training new missionaries. It is such a wonderful experience to be put with these sisters who have a fire in their eyes and excitement in their step. I feel honored and blessed to be a part of their life. In all honesty, I probably just need to go through the training program all over again for a third time...maybe I'll finally get it right. ;) 

Oh, I will be white wash training again as well just like with sister Lewis. 
Saying Goodbye to sister Palmer!
Sweetest lady ever!


With that being said, we changed some plans around and drove up to the mission home in Macon to have a trainers meeting with the three other trainers (and Elder Holt-AP-who will also be training). The meeting was filled with the spirit and love. It was run a little bit differently than they usually do it in the past. I really liked it. We had more of a discussion than a training. A few things that really stick out to me this time around is how it truly is an opportunity to serve. It is an opportunity to find humility. Leadership positions never, never put us above another person. It becomes even MORE critical to listen and love those we serve. Always look out, never in. 

Then on Sunday, we went on a mini 'exchange' with some other sisters in the zone so Sister Lewis and I could attend MLC (mission leadership council). Since I am training, I won't be an STL (I know...there are so many acronyms to remember :D That's a sister training leader) this next transfer. It was a treat to attend at least one more meeting. Those are the absolute best. You feel the righteous desires of all the mission leaders in the room, and that is amazing...but then President Cottle speaks, and the spirit just flows into the room so powerfully. 
This was a special meeting because Elder Tony Parker from the 70 was there. He has a wonderful speaking style. His brother is actually a very well known baptist preacher in Atlanta. So imagine that at an LDS mission leadership meeting. Too good :) A neat story from him..he spoke at his brother's congregation one Easter. For about 10 minutes. Being missionary minded, he naturally shared the account of the Savior's earthly visit to the people in the America's found in 3 Nephi chapter 11 of the Book of Mormon. He told his brother he wouldn't hand out any copies of the Book or Mormon while in his sanctuary..but all bets were off when the people hit the sidewalk. In short, the two missionaries Elder Parker brought with him that day gave out hundreds of copies of the Book of Mormon and didn't have enough to go around to everyone that wanted one. People are HUNGRY for these glorious words. We simply have to present them as the precious pearl they are and to those with humble hearts. Share it with your friends! Share it with those you've met for the first time that day. I promise they will receive it better from you than any other way. Fall in love with this work! 
A classic car selfie with Sister Stout on the way to Macon.
We just really needed a couple pictures together because
neither of us has taken many. I love sister Stout!
I'll be sad to leave her, but excited for the adventures
that await her in her next area.

This week, I have continued to feel changes within myself. I absolutely love, love, love this work. I always have...but I have found something even more. There is nothing I would rather do. I fall more and more in love with the mission each day. Agency is a beautiful gift. I know that as we choose to love, and be a part of, the things that matter most, we will find a mighty change of heart within ourselves. 

Love y'all!!
-sister Brown

1 comment:

  1. Sister Brown is a winner! Love the spirit that she carries and the way she says things! Love her, Tye

    ReplyDelete